Janet Jackson says she will resume world tour, addresses split from husband

Lauren Perry
May 4, 2017

The 50-year-old gave birth to her first son, Eissa, on 3 January.

Jackson fulfilled her promise today with a video her official website, telling fans the tour was back on.

Ms. Jackson will soon be single and she's ready to hit the road again. "Yes, I separated from my husband".

Jackson says in a video posted on Twitter that she has separated from husband Wissam Al Mana.

"We are in the second leg of the tour and there's been a sudden change and I thought it was important you be the first to know".

Jackson's Unbreakable album debuted October 2, 2015 and moved 116,000 equivalent album units, according to Nielsen Music.

As if we wouldn't recognize Janet posting from her "Janet Jackson" account, silly.

She has not immediately rescheduled dates in Europe that she cancelled past year.

"I thank God for him", the new mom said in the video.

"Hey you guys", she began.

Janet Jackson will resume a previously postponed tour that includes a fall performance at the Sprint Center.

The world tour - now called "State of the World" - will restart in September for 55 North American shows starting on the seventh in Lafayette, Louisiana. She postponed the remaining tour dates in December 2015, citing a surgery as the cause of the break.

Jackson then went on to happier news. "It's about people, the world, relationships and just love", the singer said, thanking her fans for their support. Her last message to fans was on April 14, when she shared a picture of herself with her newborn son, Eissa.

The reasons behind Jackson's separation remain murky, with one tabloid saying Al Mana had been too controlling but other reports saying the split was amicable.

"It's not about politics", Jackson explained about the decision to re-brand the tour for 2017.

Other reports by VgToday

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER